29 C
Singapore
Wednesday, July 24, 2024
Ads

MOTORBIKE GOES ON FLAMES AT JOHOR CUSTOMS, BURNED TO A CRISP

MOTORCYCLE CATCHES FIRE AT JOHOR CIQ COMPLEX, RIDERS UNHARMED BUT CLAIM LACK OF FIRE EXTINGUISHER AND SLOW RESPONSE FROM RELA

Advertisements

A shocking incident occurred at the Customs, Immigration, and Quarantine (CIQ) Complex in Johor when a motorcycle caught fire at the entrance of the complex. A video shared by Mohd Fuad on Facebook shows the motorcycle engulfed in flames, with riders trying to navigate around it. The video has garnered close to 5,000 likes and 1,200 shares.

According to Khasidah Abdullah, the owner of the motorcycle, she and her husband were unharmed in the incident. She thanked a man who helped put out the fire and expressed gratitude that no one was injured.

However, Khasidah raised concerns about the lack of fire extinguishers in the area and the slow response from the People’s Volunteer Corps (RELA) members. She claimed that there was no fire extinguisher nearby and that the RELA members did not know where it was located.

When her husband tried to turn on the fire hose, the RELA personnel allegedly told him it was not allowed as it was locked. It was only when a passerby from Malaysia intervened that they were able to break open the fire hose and put out the fire.

Advertisements

Khasidah also shared a photo showing the extent of the damage to the motorcycle. She expressed frustration with the RELA personnel’s actions and the lack of fire extinguishers in the area.

The incident has raised questions about the preparedness of the CIQ Complex in handling emergency situations. It is fortunate that no one was injured in the incident, but it highlights the need for better emergency response systems and equipment in public areas.

Photo via Khasidah Abdullah/Facebook

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -
Latest News

MAN HOOKED UP WITH A GIRL IN VIETNAM, SHOCKED THAT SHE GOT THREE ‘RAISINS’

I was traveling alone in Vietnam, exploring the culture and meeting new people, when I met a girl at...
- Advertisement -