What are the bad things going to happen in 2023?
For now I am aware of the GST increase, but worse to me is the removal of oversea parcel GST exemptions. Before I need not pay GST when buying things $400 or lesser on amazon or taobao but soon it will be real painful.
Are there any other bad things happening in 2023?
- FY23 graduates priced out of the job market
- We’re potentially headed to a world recession.
China is in the middle of a major health crisis by COVID that surely will impact all supply chains
- Recession and potentially losing your job going to be worse than gst increase
- I think it would be a start of a global financial meltdown due to interest rates runaway resulted to a severe gridlock in financial markets. Institutions will not be able to borrow from banks and this is on top of the ongoing stagflation.
- GST is not the worst thing. A lot of Singaporeans will be caught by surprise the recessions that is to come. End Q1 around March is where the economy worldwide will take a dive, there’s already tell-tale signs with the many layoffs that are already happening – more will come.
- Very bad inflation maybe. Just imagine the next baby boom comes after the marriage boom in 2022. Basic necessities become more expensive since there’s gonna be high demand.
- As per usual when its Chinese New year, everything is gonna increase by 30-50 cents.
- Hdb prices increase, supply decrease, mnd and hdb monitoring even more
- Some potential issues that could arise in the near future include increasing climate change, rising global temperatures, rising sea levels, and increasing economic inequality. Additionally, political tensions could increase between different countries, leading to further instability and potential conflict.
- China invades Taiwan and fights with the US and we are plunged into World War 3.