Just want to say that I’m very thankful for getting my citizenship approved for my entire family recently.
I’m from Malaysia, although many complaints about Singapore but I’m thankful to be here. I’m thankful for the safety, stability, opportunity to save and for having my hard work being paid off here.
Praises Singapore for being better than Malaysia
Back in where I grow up, I was robbed 3 times on different occasions. I also need to work 2 to 3 jobs in order to cover my expenses. Always needing to drive and get stuck in bad traffic, constantly on a lookout for potential dangers that are around, the list goes on and on.
To a point where I just felt really tired. So, 10 years ago, I decided to come over here to see if things were different. Indeed, it has been an eye opening experiences.
Many says my family is silly because all converted together, never leave one not converted as backup plan, but we actually think about this very hard and feel that Singapore is a good place for old people.
Everything is accessible and elderly friendly. All we need to do is make sure that we plan our finances well, buy whatever insurance we need and save for our retirement.
This place is also safe for young children, I don’t need to keep an lookout for child abductors. The list goes on and on again.
I wish that Singapore will continue to prosper. Thank you Singapore!
Here are what netizens think
- Read your post and perhaps it was similar for my parents. Both my parents were from Malaysia and came to Singapore to work when they were young. Eventually obtained PR, and then Citizenship.
- Congrats! Glad you find a better place for your family! Most importantly, you feel good!
- Welcome to you and your family in choosing to become Singaporeans and may you and your family contribute to nation building and development through your expertise, knowledge and wisdom!
- In the mean time, Singaporeans start to invest in Malaysian properties for old age retirement. Life is always better somewhere else… Not here, not now, although that’s what we have truly own… Here and now.
- I always thought Singaporean PR with Malaysian Citizenship is the best of both worlds. Get to earn SGD and retire comfortably in MYR…
- Can send this to Tun?