27.6 C
Singapore
Saturday, August 20, 2022
Ads

POWER BANK EXPLODES, S’PORE WOMAN KENA 1ST & 2ND DEGREE BURNS

A Singaporean woman in Australia, Ms Leong, suffered first and second-degree burns after her power bank burst into flames after plugging it into her phone, according to The New Paper via Stomp.

Advertisements

Speaking to TNP, Leong said that the battery on her phone was dying, so she plugged it into her power bank and put it on the sofa.

She then put on her headset and had a video call with her friend, and the power bank then burst into flames as they were talking midway.

The fire burned the shirt and sweater that she was wearing and she then saw her skin catching fire, before using her other hand to try and put out the fire by slapping it.

She said that she kept wondering how the fire started and that everything was a blur, and she then grabbed a blanket and threw it over her phone and power bank.

Advertisements

She was also worried that the sofa or her apartment would catch fire, and she then noticed her daughter’s water bottle and used it to pour the water onto the blanket that was placed over the fire.

She then scooped up the power bank and blanket covering it and ran to the toilet, dousing the remnants of the fire under the shower.

After settling down from putting out the fire, she then started to feel pain from her burnt hands and saw blisters forming and getting bigger.

Her daughter then helped her to apply ointment before bandaging it, and she then visited a doctor the next morning where she was told that she had suffered 1st and 2nd-degree burns.

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -
Latest News

APPLE ADMITS MAJOR SECURITY RISK FOR iPhone, ipads and iMacs, HACKER CAN TAKE FULL CONTROL

Apple has warned that the company's iPhones, iPads and imacs have serious security risks that could give attackers complete...
- Advertisement -