A netizen posted a photo of a restaurant banner at JEM displaying its job listings for potential job seekers, offering generous wages.
The netizen captioned it: “China restaurants are hella expensive but I’m glad they pay their staff well.”
The restaurant, Tai Er Suan Cai & Fish at JEM is offering the following jobs:
- Restaurant Manager for $4,350/month
- Head Chef for $3,750/month
- Assistant Restaurant Manager for $3,550/month
- Management Trainee for $3,360/month
- Service Crew for $3,250/month
- Dishwasher for $3,250/month
Additionally, they are also paying about $1,410 or $15/hr for part-timers to join their restaurant, and are offering training courses, staff meals, attendance incentives and career advancement opportunities.
- For comparison, LiHo’s basic pay per hour is $7.50
CBD bonus (and that’s for a few outlets only!!) = $9.50 per hour. MacDonald basic pay is $8.50 and with incentives it’s about $10.50 per hour
This is the basic pay I was quoted last month only….
- All these up to “up to” salary posts.
When I was previously looking for a Job, I came a cross lots of Job postings that were within my asking salary. I had 3 years of experience with an extensive portfolio and over 100 written reviews from previous clients.
During the interview, they would offer a starting salary almost 1k lower than what was stated.
- Hate those business that advertise as “up to” Xxx salary.
- Good. F&B is the most underpaid of all the industries. $15/h should be the base line considering that it’s customer facing, often standing only, and especially in the case of these Chinese restaurants often require you to be very effectively bilingual.
Although without knowing the hours for what they consider full time it’s hard to say whether or not the head chef etc. are properly compensated. The worst restaurants I’ve seen had staff in the shop 13-14 hours a day 6 days a week.
- Isn’t the head chef salary a tad too low?
- all of a sudden doing food deliveries don’t feel that enticing anymore..
- Fake la. Once u go interview they will low ball u. This trick is to make u go interview.