A netizen shared a story about his colleague that he described as a nightmare for being ultra-sensitive.
Here is the story:
This particular colleague of mine… I think she might have been badly bullied by guys in the past such that she takes on an extremely feminist, chauvinist approach to people. Outright “calls out” males in the office for being lazy, too alpha, can’t dress but a single comment about the ladies in the office wouldn’t be tolerated by her.
She is a monster when it comes to online group discussion because she takes everything too personally. Resulting in petty tantrums instead of productive work.
During lunch/dinners, a few colleagues have mind what they say and became boring, such that they don’t share fun things anymore in fear she use that against them/ gets offended.
I am thinking of distancing myself from her. What do you think?
any tips on how to act in front of her?
Here are what netizens think:
- Stay away from her. I’ve worked with someone like that; she’s now blocked on my insta. When I’ve only ever blocked 2 persons on insta. LOL
- Don’t engage her at all. Be boring around her, and say “Maybe you’re right.” or “Sure, you’re allowed to have your own opinions.”
- Find ways to naturally leave her out. Eat at places that she dislikes. Do projects that she doesn’t want. Meet at times where she’s not free.
- Have her become the notetaker during discussions. If she’s too busy typing notes, she will be too busy to argue.
- Do NOT express your dislike for her until you have left the organisation.