A video emerged online showing a taxi driver driving at full speed in a HDB estate in Pasir Ris, running over a little chick that was crossing the road with its mother hen.
The video was captured on the dashcam of another car that was nearby at the time and went viral online, with netizens condemning the taxi driver for taking the life of the little chick.
The incident happened on 31 march at about 1.01 pm, at Elias Road, with the camcar that captured the incident seen driving down a street that was in front of Block 614A.
The camcar stopped driving forward after realising that there was a mother hen and her group of little baby chicks trying to cross the road and waits for them to finish crossing.
However, a taxi driver from the opposite side drove by at normal speed and didn’t slow down at all, and almost ran over the entire chicken family.
The mother hen and almost all of her chicks manage to get out of the way of the impending taxi just in time, except for one chick.
That chick was unfortunately run over by the taxi and “flattened” as it laid on the ground in a heap, crushed to death.
- The driver didn’t see because of blind spot or he is out to kill? There is no law stating that killing wild chicken is an offence. Hope all drivers give wild life a chance.
- As a driver, keeping our vehicle clean of bloodshed from unnecessary accidents, be it with livestock or unprecedented bird strike etc is a measure of maintaining good luck. What the taxi driver had just done, purpose or not on purpose, he just set himself on with bad luck and karma.
- They always don’t care just drive off can see , cannot see blind spot most of them carpark also they will be speeding I don’t know how far they can run next time traffic lights also they cannot see too.
- Why must drive so fast? Did it on purpose? Black hearted.
- Maybe his next life he will be born as an earthworm…the rest you will know what happen!!