Ah Boys To Men actor Tosh Zhang, took to Facebook and Instagram to slam the “haters” of director Jack Neo’s latest offering, Ah Girls Go Army.
The 32-year-old actor took to Facebook to voice his opinions following the announcement that Ah Girls Go Army had just exceeded the $1 million mark at the box office.
He captioned his Facebook post:
“AH GIRLS GO ARMY has just broken the SGD$1 million mark at the box office within a few days of release.
What does this show? The haters might seem very loud online with their disdain for the film and saying it will be an absolute box office flop, but time and time again since ABTM 1 the silent supporters will always be even louder eventually by going to the cinemas and buying tickets to show their love & support.
I’m immensely proud of the AGGA cast, it has not been easy for them facing so much negativity online but results and numbers don’t lie.
Zhang then followed that up with another post on Instagram, calling out the “haters” and saying that “what you say about others says more about you than it says about them”.
“And what are the haters gonna say now? As usual, they will say SG audiences are low class and have no taste.
But you know who are the truly low class ones? Y’all loser — haters spouting negativity constantly and putting people down.
Understand this – what you say about others says more about you than it says about them.
Stay salty and keep the mediocre hate coming while the franchise continues to be a success a decade on. #AhGirlsGoArmy 💪”
- @kenkopite: “When everyone’s saying the same thing, it’s not being salty. It’s being honest. And those who refuse to face up to it are the real salty ones”
- @bottled45: “Lol. I can give a long list of movies that were bad but still did well at the box office and vice versa. But I guess that’s smt a small time local actor wldnt know”
- @iunspoken: “Respectfully, as someone in the media realm, it’s surprising to believe that you accept box office success as critical success.
No one’s discrediting the work or hating the franchise, but your comments just shows how out of touch you are with your audiences.
Like you said, ‘what you say about others says more about you than it says about them’”
- @syahh.nz: “Actually, people are ironically supporting it. Most are watching just to see how bad it is. And it is.”
- @sleepygary99: “Thing is some of the critisms were legit and instead of classifying every person who didn’t enjoy the movie into a petty hater is kind of childish and potrays a bad look to an already bland media industry in Singapore”