TikTok user @raysonallen posted a video sharing about a neighbourhood cat that had its makeshift bed taken away by the town council.
He captioned his video “our neighbourhood cat just lost its home”.
In his TikTok video, we see a notice from the Aljunied-Hougang Town Council that is pasted at Block 237 Hougang Street 21, informing the residents about the removal of a cardboard box that contained a few stuffed toys and a cushion that was left on a seat at the void deck.
The notice asked for the owner of the items to cooperate and remove the items, or to get in touch with the Town Council to “with together to resolve” the issue.
The notice, which was dated 6 January 2023, stated that the owner had 7 days from the date of notice to remove the items, after which the Town Council will be removing the items without further notice.
The items on the seat were part of a makeshift bed that was meant for the neighbourhood cat, who sleeps in it with all the cushions inside.
There was also a sign stating “do not throw the boxes/towels”.
Following the removal of the makeshift bed, the netizen took a video of the grumpy-looking cat on the seat without its bed, and he was heard in the video telling the cat to “don’t be so angry eh.”
@raysonallen our neighbourhood cat just lost its home 😭 #tiktoksg #fyp #cat #stray #hdb ♬ Lonely – Justin Bieber & benny blanco
- These harmless things they noticed. Meanwhile, complaints of crazy neighbours gets unattended to.
- town council should focus on painting the HDB blocks instead of such harmless shelter for cats!
- town council took away my missing cat posters also :”””) but literally do nothing abt the drunk ppl who constantly pisses at my void deck 😀
- Clearly town council want the cat to apply for bto
- Why cannot just leave it there
- Not all complaints deserves enforcement action being taken. We are still quite far from being a society that cares for our community cats. So sad!