My husband is cleaning the house top to bottom, but it’s already too little too late. I’m leaving him regardless
11yrs unemployed while I worked my butt off and graduated Valedictorian in my BFA and Magna Cum Laude in my MFA and supported 4 people while doing so. Alone.
12yrs of barely being interested in our kid and who they are as a person. 13yrs of being so lazy, I’ve felt alone in every decision, every stress, every headache, every cleaning day, every family event, every celebration and every loss.
14 yrs of grocery shopping alone, building furniture alone. Building a nursery alone while 8 months pregnant because he kept promising and I finally gave up.
Years of my life I’ll never get back. But I’m FREE!!
- I’m so sorry – this sound so painful and lonely. Sounds like you learned early enough to find yourself and start again. You deserve real love and I’m sending it!
- Sounds like you were more than patient. Good luck to you.
- I am glad you are getting out. I wish more women would get out earlier. I know too many in this situation.
- If his only reaction is to clean the house instead of having an honest real discussion about your relation or treating you with gifts, attention and partnership, he’s only doing it because he’s afraid of losing his live-in maid.
You’re giving him domestic confort so now he’s trying to prove you he can do it himself so that (in his mind) you don’t have anything to do anymore … Until you’re back, and he start to be lazy again.
- Wow, single mothers in a marriage actually exist.
- I would start making a list off all the fun stuff you can do and buy without needing to feed and cloth him