Facebook user Xue Ni shared how she paid $12 for a Starbucks drink via GrabFood and when she received it, there was only one-third of the drink left.
She added that she only managed to get a refund of $7.90, instead of the $12 that she paid for it.
Here is what she said
First time I encountered grab delivery when received the drinks only 1/3 drinks portion left when reached. Send to ask grab they only refunded 7.90, the total is 12 plus. They refund based on 2/3 of the drinks spill? Now I have to made another drink for my team.
- You don’t order drinks and get riders to deliver them. It’s a risk that you were willing to take.
- Please understand. Delivery riders do not purposely want to deliver drinks like this. This is because of lousy and brainless packaging. They deliver via cycling on pavement. For this, walkers can do the job. They will hold by hand.
- Xue ni, imagine delivery rider has to deliver many packets alone. Definitely they will put in thermal bag. For walkers who put drinks in thermal bag, the outcome is same as cyclists cycle on pedestrian path.
- Wow! One cup for ur team? Sharing isit? So sweet? Funny… hahahaha!!
- Very suspicious… if 2/3 of the drink spill, the bottom of the paper bag would have torn. Unless the rider drink ?
- Cos now Grab needs to break even (by 2024?). Apparently they value their merchant partners more than customers.