31.3 C
Singapore
Saturday, July 13, 2024
Ads

3 Y.O M’SIAN BOY DIES AFTER EATING SNACKS LACED WITH RAT POISON, NEIGHBOUR LEFT IT OUT

A devastating incident has shaken a community in Malaysia, leaving a family in mourning and a nation in shock. A three-year-old boy tragically lost his life on Wednesday (July 10) after consuming keropok (crackers) allegedly tainted with rat poison, while his two-year-old brother remains in critical condition.

Advertisements

According to The Star, citing Sinar Harian, the boys’ mother, 25, confirmed the heartbreaking news. The incident unfolded on Sunday (July 7) morning when the two young siblings began vomiting and foaming at the mouth, as reported by Free Malaysia Today.

It is believed that the boys had ingested a packet of keropok containing rat poison, which a neighbor had hung on the fence of a nearby garden in an attempt to trap wild monkeys. The mother swiftly rushed her children to the hospital, where they were initially in critical condition before the older boy succumbed to his injuries.

The grieving mother, overcome with emotion, expressed her devastation, saying, “My son is dead. Now I’m waiting for the autopsy process,” as reported by The Star.

The authorities have launched an investigation into the incident, with the case being probed under Section 31(1) (a) of the Children’s Act 2001 (Act 611) and Section 284 of the Penal Code. As the community grapples with this senseless tragedy, it serves as a stark reminder of the importance of vigilance and responsible behavior, particularly when it comes to the safety and well-being of children.

Advertisements

This incident also raises concerns about the potential dangers of using rat poison in residential areas and the need for greater awareness and education on the safe use of such substances. As the investigation unfolds, the nation mourns the loss of a young life and prays for the recovery of the surviving sibling.

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -
Latest News

GUY GOT GF A X’MAS GIFT, BUT GF DIDN’T – “SORRY I FORGOT TO GET YOU ANYTHING”

My girlfriend forgot to give me a Christmas presentNot as in "oh I'm sorry I forgot to get you...
- Advertisement -