boss expects me to text her when I leave my house
My boss has repeatedly tried to get me to come in 10 minutes before the start of my shift so she won’t be late for her other job.
At first she demanded I do so (until I spoke with her boss lol). She dropped it for about a month. Last night before I came in (7 minutes before the start of my shift, exactly) she called me 5 times back to back.
When I came in she asked me to text her before I leave the house from now on “if you’re going to be late.” I corrected her and let her know that I wasn’t, in fact, late.
I clocked in on the dot. We argued back and forth about me texting her before I left my house. She didn’t seem too happy with my refusal lol.
I’m literally never late, I usually arrive a few minutes early. I just don’t see myself continuing to do so if she’s going to harass me when I don’t do her bidding immediately lol.
It’s so frustrating being told I’m doing something wrong and not being courteous. I’d say calling me 5 times in a row when I’m driving and trying to keep an eye out for my exit is discourteous but WHATEVER.
- “So you want me to start my workday by texting someone at work? So you will start paying me when you receive my text? If I text you when. I leave at 8 to arrive at 8:50 you start paying me at 8 right?”
- Tell her “I’m sorry but you and this company don’t exist to me outside of my working hours.”
- Why don’t you set your phone to block her when you’re off the clock, since you are off the clock?
- “If I get a bunch of calls and texts from work, I gotta pull over and answer them. That’s gonna make me late”.
- i would take this to her boss again, and as others mentioned, make it clear that you’d be willing to do so, if that text then counts as you clocking in. her boss will then probably dismiss the whole thing.