Should i continue to give my father money
Recently my father, a widower just sold his 5 room flat and downgrade to 2 room flexi. After minus everything he got back 300K cash.
I have my own family of 2 kids. Just last month he continue to ask me for $400 allowance which I have gave for past 20 years.
Can I tell him that since he have 300K now can i cut his allowance. What if he tell relative that I am unfilial or anything.
- Give $400 without increment for the past 20 years. So it becomes an issue after he got some money? He got 30k or 300k should not be a factor. If you are really struggling just negotiate with him. He don’t really want the $400. He wants to know that you still care about him.
- $400 is not too much actually. Make your parents happy, they are getting old already. Give them good memories. They raised us up after all.
- How much you gives your parents is not whether they are loaded or not. It’s an appreciation as well as showing filial piety as their child.
- Next time ur 2 kids also do this to you when you old lor
- You gave him a total of $96,000 for the past 20 years. I think he and your mother probably spent more than that raising you up. Shame on you.