does anyone else have friends that completely disappear off the face of the earth when they have a partner?
i have a friend who got a new boyfriend after about 4 months of being single.
When she was single, she spent most of her time with our friend group & her other friends. she’ll also actively text in our groupchat and ask us to go out together. however, ever since she got a boyfriend, i can go not seeing her for weeks or months! she will skip classes sometimes to hang with her bf, and when our friendgroup suggests to meet up, she always says she’s not free. in between lessons, she’ll ditch us to go find her boyfriend too. nowadays, i need to wait 2 working days for her to text me back and it’s always short answers before she goes offline again.
our friend group used to go to dinner almost everyday after class but now that she has a boyfriend, she ditches us everytime for him.
i understand that she wants to spend time with her boyfriend, but isn’t it unreasonable of her to brush us off everytime we ask her to hang out? yes, your bf is important, but your friends are important too. will she start hanging with us only after she breaks up?
can someone tell me if you have this friend/experience too?
Here are what netizens think:
- You seem to be very needy. Just be happy for your friend and stop letting your jealousy consume you.
- Normal…. Wait until your friends get married and have kids. They are likely to disappear for good.
- Young time not enough love from father loh, u see those girls who cling to their husband, u will notice they come from family with inactive fathers
- btw u must be from secondary school or poly, and to be honest life will go on with or without friends, u should find a bf too…
- That’s very normal and it happens to everyone. You don’t sound matured enough to understand and back off. Either accept her situation and be supportive or find new friends. Life is simple. Don’t need to kaopeh.