Facebook user Niraj Agarwal shared how he placed an order via Lazada for a Canon camera and when he received his parcel, all he found inside was a piece of cardboard.
Here is what he said
I want to complain why Lazada cannot screen seller’s legitimacy before on-boarding them in Singapore. Ordered a Canon Camera and received a slice of cardboard ! ( seller account is closed now ) .
Waiting for lazada to take action: if you order something , don’t let your family or anyone open parcel and throw away packaging else cannot claim against fake scammer sellers.
- can request refund or not?
- Overseas seller is it? Singapore seller, Lazada request for ACRA/ Bizfile documents to see if you are registered. Otherwise I think they suspended several sellers cos they never submitted the documents on time.
- Why would they send cardboard? I also think as sellers sometimes life difficult.. some customers sure also play punk wan..they will open packaging.. take away item and claim nothing came so they can get free items. Like i heard those grab delivery also…driver send to door but customer say never receive.
- This is why I steered away from Lazada. They can’t be bothered to check. At least Shopee has some measures in place to check and recognise authentic/authorised sellers
- Happened to me before, ordered a car seat headrest and received an empty small packaging. However, the seller has the decency to reply back to me and explained the issue, and got refunded as well.