28.5 C
Singapore
Monday, July 22, 2024
Ads

MAN WANTS TO BREAK CONTRACT WITH MNC SO HE CAN JUMP TO A BETTER JOB

I’m currently on a 2 yr contract with an MNC that is ending in late Feb, upon which I will get a 1 mth completion bonus. However, as per the T&C of my contract, I am able to tender my resignation by serving one month notice any time within the contract period.

Advertisements

I recently started job hunting and have received a verbal offer (pending official letter) from another company. It’s a full time position. However the company has indicated that due to some upcoming project they would not be able to wait till Mar for me to fulfil my contract at my current company before joining them. They have asked if I am able to do a 1 month notice, as per my contract T&C.

Now, my dilemma is due to the close time frame. Out of obligation I do want to finish the contract but the new company needs me to join in Feb and cannot wait. If I were to resign before my contract is up, I would also lose the completion bonus. I’m concerned I’ll be seen as burning bridges or unprofessional, as I would be leaving in the middle of an important project. Plus, it’s just the last leg of my contract. In an ideal situation I would prefer to finish the contract then join the new Co but unfortunately they cannot wait.

For context, the new job is offering slightly higher than what I’m drawing now. Leave, bonus and benefits are typical, nothing to rave about. However it is a permanent position and there seems to be room for learning and career growth.

Will you choose to forgo the offer since the time isn’t right and just go back to job hunting or break the contract at this awkward juncture and risk burning bridge.

Advertisements
- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -
Latest News

8 MOLESTORS CHARGED IN COURT, “VICTIMS GOT BOTH MALE AND FEMALE”

Eight men, aged between 25 and 82, will be charged in court on 18 July 2024 for their suspected...
- Advertisement -