I’m so scared of dying.
I turn 20 in April and I am absolutely dreading it. I feel like I’m constantly in a race but I’m up against time. I feel sick thinking about how I’m basically 2 decades old already and I probably only have around 5 left.
I can’t fathom the fact that I just won’t exist one day. I can’t comprehend how we just can’t get time back and we have to accept that.
Like I can’t go back to the moment when I started writing this post, it’s so fing weird to me, I hate it. I constantly feel a sense of impending doom purely because I just feel like I’m so old and I don’t have long left.
- Well, the years start coming and they don’t stop coming.
- You were dead for billions of years before you were born mate, to absolutely no inconvenience to you whatsoever. Trillions of people have lived and died since the beginning of time. You had a 1 in a trillion chance of even seeing a second in this world, so the fact you’ve had 20 years is better than billions of sperm ever get. Hope that eases your mind.
- Yup the days just keep going and they only go by faster the older you get, Just remember you spend more of your life over the age of 30 than younger, so…don’t worry about the impending doom just yet.
- Hey, I get it. There was a point in my 20s when I realized I’m not going to live forever and it’s a very sobering thought. Death anxiety is insane. Appreciating what I have now, and what I’ve got to experience so far in life. You are young. You have so much life left to live. It has taken me a while to come around to accepting that one day, I will probs be ready to go. There are going to be people I miss, people I want to see again. Right now though, I try to appreciate what I have. It takes work to get through, but you’ve got this!
- I was 20 like ten minutes ago, now I’m 45