Unpopular Opinion: For regular people, being born in Johor is winning real lottery, better than being born in Singapore.
They get to live a chill life in Msia till they finish uni. Then, they head over to SG to work and bring home x3.5 cash. In no time, they can snag a nice landed house and a decent car, or even start a little business. And they can go back and enjoy life every week.
Guys don’t have to deal with NS and reservist, and can easily support a family with the converted paycheck.
After a few years of grinding, they’ll be rocking middle management at work, easily get PR, buy an HDB and rent it out to earn money, as they already own a home in Msia.
10-20+ years later they can even renounce their PR, cash in big from CPF and practically ready to retire back in Msia.
- Bro, saying being born in Johor is winning lottery compared to Singapore is crazy talk lah. All the Malaysians I know dying to come work and live here because got chance to earn bigger salary and buy car/house. Where got so easy retire early and balik kampung after few years working here?
Most Malaysians doing same long hours and rush like Singaporeans to pay expensive rent and cost of living. Even PR also cannot take out full CPF money if quit Singapore citizenship. Everyday jam causeway till sakit kepala also.
Want chill life in Malaysia then don’t need come slogging here right? Better to just stay there enjoy lower cost than waste time in jams to earn stress and money in S’pore. The lottery is finding good job and making bank here to have better life than there lah, tak mudah punya.
- My jiuhu office colleagues really do seem to be enjoying life
- He works remote for a sinkie company but lives in his parent’s place in jb, and now owns a nice landed in mount Austin and a conti car.
- Plan sounds good…until the part where you rent out your HDB, stay in your house in JB but still go to SG to work. Causeway jam is no joke bro
- No guarantee you will get a job in Singapore. For every Johorean you meet here, how many were rejected?
- if you are willing to commute back and forth from JB daily I bet you can make your life better by putting that amount of effort as a Singaporean
- Sinkies can’t even stand peak hr mrt/traffic, wanna talk causeway traffic lol