A nightclub situated at Orchard Road has presented an enticing job opportunity for performing artistes. Beyond the attractive salary, the job listing on MyCareersFuture has raised eyebrows due to its unconventional requirements. Let’s delve into the details and uncover what makes this job listing stand out.
A Nightclub’s Offer
The job listing, posted on Jan 12, advertises a salary between $8,000 to $12,000, making it a lucrative offer for performing artistes seeking a permanent position in the nightlife industry.
The opening is not for a temporary gig but a permanent role at the nightclub, providing stability for the chosen candidate.
Unlike typical performing roles, this job hints at additional responsibilities. The performing artiste is expected to handle “ad-hoc jobs” assigned by the artiste manager, showcasing a need for versatility.
An intriguing aspect is the requirement for the candidate to have “existing and active connections with Thailand, Vietnam, and Korean candidates.” The purpose behind this criterion remains undisclosed, adding a layer of mystery to the role.
Apart from performing skills, language proficiency is crucial. The successful candidate should possess “solid” verbal and written communication skills in Thai, Vietnamese, and Korean. This language requirement raises questions about potential interactions or collaborations.
The Job Listing
Performing artiste – Night clubs
• Attend auditions or castings for a role in a play or performance.
• Deliver performance smoothly and perfectly.
• Rehearse with other actors and the producer to familiarise themselves with the act.
• Understand the storyline and role of production from the producer and scriptwriter.
• Work on comments and feedback given by the director, producer, and other actors.
• Adhoc job is given by Performing artiste manager
• Working hours are from 9pm to 5am
Requirements and skills
• Ability to work under pressure
• High standard of organizational and communication skills
• Must have existing and active connections with Thailand, Vietnam and Korea candidates
• Problem-solving skills, ability to think on your feet
• Travelling to Thailand, Vietnam and Korean is required
• Solid verbal and written communication skills in Thai, Vietnamese and Korean